The NSERC CREATE Heritage Engineering Program – research, training & internship program is one of the nationally significant vehicles for heritage conservation innovation.
- Hands-on opportunities to work and learn in the built heritage industry
- Six years, $3.3 M
- Funded for Masters/PhD students & post-doctoral fellows through federal government’s NSERC CREATE grant program, with additional support from Carleton University.
- Multi-disciplinary: engineering, architecture, information technology and CDN Studies
- Led by: Mario Santana (Dept of Civil Engineering) and Stephen Fai (Azrieli School of Architecture)
- Research professors from Carleton, Université de Montréal, and Université de Québec à Montréal: civil, environmental, mechanical, aerospace engineering, & above disciplines
- Industry collaborators: provide key training and internship opportunities for students, includes those from Ottawa & Montreal as well as ICOMOS, ICCROM, GCI, UNESCO, etc.
- Funded internships offered: private & public sectors and international organizations
- Sector-specific skills/experience – benefit Canada’s built heritage industry, grads in finding heritage careers; supports documentation & conservation of our built heritage
More more information visit the information page on sustainableconservation.ca